Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Little Monster


Can you believe it is October? Cam came home from school today and announced that October is half over and that we better get out our Halloween decorations before it is too late. So into the attic I climbed for the giant orange plastic jack-o-lantern, inflatable purple spider, and spooky tin mansion. I got out the "costume box" and yet again told the girls that this year all costumes had to come from this box. They played along like they always do. "Yes, mommy we will not beg you for costumes 2 days before Halloween. No mommy we will not change our minds and cry huge crocodiles tears until you take us to the store for the perfect costume." We all know the truth. I will be frantically combing the much picked over aisles on the 30th., but I can pretend right. I felt the fun of Halloween escaping as I thought of all of the costume drama. I do have 3 girls remember. And then I remembered this little cutie, a birthday present from a dear friend who loves all things Halloween. I filled him with candy corn and set him on the entry table. A great little reminder that Halloween IS supposed to be fun and that even little monsters can be cute.

No comments: