Saturday, October 23, 2010

Down Under

It has been a crazy roller coaster of a week and just so you know I am not a big fan of roller coasters. The Hub got a dream job. He will help the company he works for develop a huge natural gas field and pipeline. It is a great opportunity. The only catch, the job is in Brisbane, Australia. So we are moving yet again. This time to the land down under. I am very excited for this new adventure. This is an expat assignment for 2-3 years and then back to Texas. We have been doing tons of research and are anxious to find the right schools, neighborhoods, and church. The school year in Australia begins in January and runs pretty much all year, with breaks every 8-12 weeks. Our hope is to get there before school starts. We are all sad to leave so many dear friends, but feel grateful for technology that will make it easier to stay in touch. A few years ago my grandfather said to me, "You move so much, we should've bought you a motor home for your wedding."...that was 3 moves ago. I guess he was right.

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Australia! Oh My! What an adventure and I want to come visit. Good luck the next few weeks and months.

Taggart Family said...

Amazing! I'm so excited for you all! Er, I mean, YA'LL!