Thursday, October 7, 2010

Genetics


Do you ever look at your kids and wonder where they came from? I mean we all know where they came from and how they got here. I just mean do you ever look at your kids in wonder and think they are so much more amazing, terrific, intelligent, athletic, artistic, graceful, etc than me? I had one of these moments on Sunday. I was sitting on the back patio, enjoying the great weather, watching the girls play. I sat is awe as CB maneuvered her ripstick in and out of the small obstacle course she had set up. Skateboarding is something I have never been able to do. There are so many things about her that are clearly not from genetics. Honestly, her ability to learn things never ceases to amaze me. She just made the Science Olympiad team at her school, no small feat as a 6th grader. This summer she wake boarded on her first try. She plays the piano and now the cello almost instinctively. She is a whiz at math, loves to draw and has had several of her art pieces displayed. I marvel that such an amazing person could come from my genes; I am really flawed.

1 comment:

Taggart Family said...

Um, she is definitely YOUR daughter. :)