Monday, November 1, 2010

People


I always thought it would be great to have people. You know, people who work for you and make your life easier. People who follow you around and tell you just what you want to hear. I used to joke that my kids were my people. I knew at the time that I was really theirs, but it was funny. It made me feel important-ish. Well now I have people and it really is not all that I thought it would be. The hub and I have 8 different advisers who are helping us with this move. We have a door-to-door person, a tax person, a house person (actually 2 of those here and there), a group of doctors, and some more who file passports and visa documents. I have a stuff person who is in charge of all of my household goods. I actually have 3 of those the one in charge of the survey, the one in charge of the storage and the one in charge of the container that we are shipping. Are you confused? I am. Every day I open my email to about 20 emails from the people who work for the people. I spend hours on the phone trying to give the right info to the right people. I haven't even mentioned the school people or the pet carrier people. Basically, I have decided I am done with people. I just want 1 person to do this whole move across the world for me. Any takers?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ummmm. I think you're the one person.