Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pressure


So let's be honest, I am not a blogger. Sarah is a blogger. Sarah's blog is beautiful. I tell her all of the time that I wish I could blog like her and take pictures like her and sew like her and craft like her. You get the idea. And then she linked her beautiful BLOG to my so sad blog and now the pressure is on. So here goes attempt number 285 to be a blogger. (Really this is only attempt number 22 cuz that's how many postings I have in total).

Last week was an unusually blue week for me. I was really missing my mom and faced with the reality of another one of my daughters getting older and for some reason the milestones are hard. Anyway, enter my dear friend T to the rescue with a project. Really a crazy project and for me the best kind because it had a quick deadline. You see T is the kind of mother and mother in law who sends her children care packages full of homemade cookies and love. Let's just say, this is not my reality. Anyway, T wanted to include in her boxes Happy Valentine's Day banners. Sounds simple right!!!

Do you know how many letters are in Happy Valentine's Day? So we picked out the fabric and started sewing. Well, I started sewing and T started cutting and cutting and sewing and cutting and sewing and before we knew it--8 banners were finished. 2 mailed in packages on Friday, those lucky kids. 2 for us. 3 for friends--lucky YOU and 1 for later. Honestly, there was something very healing in the making and finishing of the banners or maybe it was the friendship.

No comments: