Thursday, February 11, 2010

SHE's 8 !!!!






So hard to believe that J is 8. The Hub was in grad school at Purdue when we had her. She was actually born in the same hospital that I was. My dad went to grad school at Purdue, too. I remember I had this list of things that I wanted to get finished before she came. Silly things like clean out a closet and iron some shirts for A to wear to interviews. I stayed up late on the 9th trying to get it all done. I fell asleep only to wake up to the unmistakable pain. I was so annoyed. My list was not done. So much to do before I had 2 kids. But J did not care. She came when she was ready, not when I wanted her to. I have spent the last 8 years trying to learn this lesson over and over again. Her time is not my time. Her path is not my path. Her way is not my way. But slowly I am beginning to understand that her time works. Her path gets her there and her way is just fine. She is an amazingly kind hearted, smart, funny, and extremely self sufficient little girl. So here's to J, then and now. Happy Birthday!!!



1 comment:

Taggart Family said...

Wow! I can't believe she is eight! I remember when she was born like it was yesterday. She was beautiful then, and she is beautiful now.