Monday, February 22, 2010

Olive


So for the 2 blog followers that I have, I think you already know that I gave my girls and the hub a puppy for Christmas. My good friend graciously offered/was coerced into keeping the puppy and delivering her on Christmas morning. She even stuck her in a box and tied it up with a candy cane bow. Anyway, said puppy was a HUGE hit. I don't think that her feet hit the floor for the first 2 weeks we had her between the girls, the hub and my dad. She was held and babied and loved nonstop. AND then the girls went back to school and the little she-devil emerged. Olive has learned to do business outside--awesome and inside and in her cage and in the laundry room and in the kitchen and on the outside rug. She had learned to steal socks. Rip paper and terrorize Ox. BUT last night it was all worth it. Walking down stairs after tucking in the angels. I heard these sweet words, "Thanks mom for getting us Olive. We really love her and she makes me happy." My heart melted. I had a good mom moment and then the she-devil aka Olive started crying at 4am. Let's just say it was not pretty and today she cried all day. ugh!!! The things we do for our kids.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Not everyone is that good to their kids. And yes, I am an official follower, thanks to SBJ :) Woo hoo! We love Olive too. Thanks Andrea for getting her so that my kids can enjoy her since I won't do that for my kids!

dannyhaley said...

You are the nicest mom in the world! Such a sweet post, love your blog.

Taggart Family said...

Aw, what a nice mom you are! My kids have been asking for a dog, and I just laugh!