Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Swim Team



May and June around here means swim team. The three lovelies all swim on the team. They practice at 3 different times 4 days a week and then swim in meets almost every Saturday. Yes, that is 6 trips up and back to the pool which luckily is a half mile from our house. It is a huge time commitment and a lot of fun (or so I keep trying to convince myself). We have had two meets this season. Our goal for the girls is just to swim faster each time they race. I am proud to report that last Saturday they did just that!!!

For those of you who do not live in the great state of Texas, it RAINED buckets and buckets and stopped and then rained buckets and buckets again last Saturday and the meet continued. We all huddled in our EZTent city(thank you Sarah for lending me yours) and tried to endure the mud and the wet. It was tough to stay positive and focused. There is a lot of skill in swimming some of the strokes "clean." For example, when you swim breast stroke your fingers have to stay together and your hands cannot come below your waist. You also need to turn your toes out. I had no idea. There is a lot to remember, oh and do it all as fast as you can while you hold your breath. Don't tell my kids, but there is no way I could do it. Some times CB's warm ups are 200s (8 laps) just to warm up. : )



1 comment:

Laura said...

Just catching up with you~
The girls are keeping you busy, eh? I keep thinking that as the kids get older, my daily dosage requirement of Diet Coke will decrease, but turns out,the opposite is true. How about you?? :) (miss you)