Monday, December 8, 2008

Giving Thanks



I know, I know, I know, I am not very consistent at blogging. I hope to post once a week, but I really like posts with photos and I am struggling with my photos. Maybe after a visit from Santa and several hours with my soon to be friend Adobe I will be a better blogger, until then be patient.


This Thanksgiving holiday was a lot of fun and hard work. We kicked off our vacation with some turkeys. We had a great time making plates of cupcakes and delivering them to a few friends and thanking them for being so special to us. We feel extremely blessed have made such great friends in such a short amount of time. I guess what you here about Texans and their southern hospitality is true.


Then we decided to lay three pallets of sod in our backyard. It took us 5 hours, but we got all of it laid and it sure looks great. I am thankful for a strong healthy husband who is not afraid of hard work. We had a fun time as a family and it was very satisfying to see a completed lawn. Ox, hub's bulldog, loved the new grass. He spent most of the day rolling all over it. It was an early Christmas present for him.


We also spent a lot of time having fun. We were invited to our friends family diner and it was a great time. We went to the drive-in, played the Wii, watched a bunch of movies, made lots of goodies, and felt thankful for each other and the many blessings we have.

3 comments:

dannyhaley said...

Cute turkey's! You are so crafty! I hope your sod is doing well. Enjoy the holidays! We miss you guys.

Sarah said...

Post once a week? Come on...you can aim a little higher than that!!Tasty turkeys by the way.

Taggart Family said...

Your cupcakes are too adorable! What a good mom. Goodness, talk about an inconsistent blogger, I think my last entry was in September!! So glad to hear how you are settling in.