Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snowing Y'all

(I am having issues with blogger so forgive the pictureless post.) It snowed today in Cypress. It was very cold and very windy all day--in the 30s. I don't care who you are, that is cold. I came home to meet the girls and was shocked to see snow falling. It was beautiful and peaceful and melting almost before it hit the ground. There are rumors of school closures and work delays because of road conditions. Having lived in Utah and Idaho I find it all a little silly as do my girls. I asked them if they wanted to get on their coats and run around in it like all of the neighborhood seemed to be doing and they said almost in unison, "We have seen snow before, mom." But I will say it brought the Christmas spirit today and made me think that it is possible to get all of the things done on my list. See, for all of you who think you know Texas and it's big hair, bugs and bad weather, you have not been to Cypress in December.

1 comment:

Taggart Family said...

Whoa, snow in Texas?? Your girl's response cracked me up!! LOL That is too funny. Living in CA, I've grown totally intolerant to the cold, too. It's 50 degrees and I think I am going to die. How did I ever survive those Indiana winters??