Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life's A Beach

So I must admit. I waited in line for Breaking Dawn. We could
have been first, but who would have guessed that a middle aged man in a longhorns jersey was really in line. Anyway we got the book and then headed to Whattaburger (Wader-burger to the locals) apparently it is like you are saying water and you are from the midwest. (crazy Texans) Needless to say the honey fried chicken biscuit at 1am kept me up so I got a fair amount of reading in early Saturday morning. STEAMY, STEAMY.

Saturday we headed to the beach. We went to Crystal Beach and crabbed--no we did not complain people--we caught crabs. Honestly, we tied chicken necks to twine, threw the twine in the gulf and reeled in the crab. A good time was had by all. I think the crabs even enjoyed their brief time in the red bucket. We let them go and headed to the beach. We drove right to a great spot, set up chairs, and hung out. My plan was to read, but in all honesty I could not keep my eyes off my 3 girls and 1 crazy hubby playing in the water and sand. It was a great day. So sometimes life really is a beach and that is a very good thing.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Great post. But why are blogs always so positive? I'm dying to do a blog post on punishment...or, more importantly, the lack thereof.

dannyhaley said...

I love that you waited in line for Breaking Dawn. I'll hurry and read it, so we can talk it over. Seeing the pic. of your family really makes me miss your cute girls!

Taggart Family said...

I can't believe that I posted the same picture of Breaking Dawn on my lap at the beach! So funny! It looks like you guys had a great time. Don't ya love days like that?