Monday, January 5, 2009

I Know I am a Grown Up


I had a moment today that made me realize that I might be a grown up. We got trees planted in the backyard. For those of you who do not live in the south, these are little gem magnolia trees. They have dark green leaves with purple undersides and bloom these amazing white flowers. When I think of the south I picture red brick houses, big porches, ice cold mint juleps (who knows what that is) and magnolias. Anyway, I am so excited to plant trees and put down roots. I never thought two little trees could mean so much to me, but when they were being planted today I couldn't stop grinning. We are putting down roots. We are officially southerners. I hope to be here long enough to see these little guys grow up. Who knows maybe I will even sit in their shade and drink a mint julep or at least a lemonade.

1 comment:

dannyhaley said...

I love the trees and I am happy to see a pic of your pool! It looks so nice to not see ice and snow.

Also enjoyed the post about your girls going to school.